REALTORS® Political Action Committee
Why should I contribute to RPAC?
REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) affects your business! Although RPAC is the #1 political action committee in the country, it's more than just a lobbying effort or a commitee. While RPAC protects private property rights that help consumers. RPAC canalso change the way you do business by affecting the federal, state, or local laws that govern real estate.
RPAC is the muscle behind NAR, RPAC represents over 1.3 million politically active REALTORS® that members of Congress want as their friends. Recent legislative and regulatory success include:
- The continued preservation of the mortgage interest deduction
- Tax relief benefiting the real estate industry
- Improving federal mortgage programs, allowing more families to join the ranks of homeownership
- Successfully keeping "mega-banks" from entering the real estate business
On a state and local level, RPAC has helped to:
- Protect commercial commissions through the foreclosure process
- Prohibit cities and counties from charging individual real estate agents a business license fee
- Fought and won a battle against a 100% increase in real estate transfer tax
- Fought and won to keep municipal government from "taking" land in a stream buffer ordinance
How will my contribution be used?
- 100% of your contribution is used to elect pro-REALTOR® candidates
- 70% remains in the state to be used in state and local elections and REALTOR® issues
- 30% of your contribution will be forwarded to the National RPAC to fund key U.S. House and Senate races
RPAC is neither a Republican nor a Democratic organization. Your contribution to RPAC is a vote for pro-REALTOR® legislation and governance, regardless of political part.
NOTE: Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and used for political purposes. Your membership rights are not affected by your choice to contribute. A portion of your contribution may be used for local, state, or Federal candidates and will be charged against your limits under 2U.S.C.441a. Contributions to RPAC are not deductible for Federal Income Tax purposes.
Visit Governmental Affairs on the Georgia Association of REALTORS® Webpage for more information regarding RPAC. Click on the logo below.